Don't Burn A Hole In Your Wallet - 5 Google Adwords Tips For Beginners
There are many beginners out there who throw away their hard earned dollars on Google Adwords. Since I don't want that to happen to you, here are Five Google Adwords tips which can help
1. Turn the content network off. You will often get untargeted traffic clicking away at your ads out of curiosity. You can make money with the content network, but most people lose money on it, so turn it off!!!
2. Use a keyword tool to help generate search phrases. There are some good free keyword tools out there such as Lexfn, The Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool, Good Keywords, and Nichebot.
3. Don't throw a bunch of unrelated keywords into one adgroup. For example, if you are selling ice to Eskimos, don't put "snowman" and "make money with ice" into the same adgroup - seperate these into their own distinct adgroups using common keywords.
4. Use your keyword in your ad, preferably in the headline (again, group common keywords together into the same adgroups). This will help lower your cost per click, since Google usally gives you a higher quality score when you do this.
5. Don't overspend per click. Divide the total price of your commission by 100 to get the maximum cost you should spend per click. For example, if your commission is $25, divide $25/100 to get a maximum 25 cents per click. This means that if 1 person out of every 100 people who clicks on your ad makes a sale, you'd break even. Your product may convert at 1 in 50 meaning that you can raise your bid price a little if you are willing to risk more, but keep in mind that there is no guarantee that your product will convert at 1 in 250, so try and be as conservative as possible, at least when starting out! If the keywords you want are more expensive than your maximum cost per click, try to think of related phrases that might trigger the same ad.
This isn't EVERYTHING you need to know about Google Adwords, but its a good starting point. If you are serious about Google Adwords, I highly recommend reading a good ecourse such as Beating Adwords, Google Adwords
By Keith Riffle - Keith works part time as an internet marketer, and resides in Omaha, NE.
Next page: Adsense Affiliate Programs
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Skyscraper Square News
How Much Do YouTubers Make? The Top 20 Earning Creators' Adsense ... - NewMed...16 May 2013 at 10:24am
How Much Do YouTubers Make? The Top 20 Earning Creators' Adsense ...
In recent years, hundreds of YouTubers have earned fame and fortune ? million dollar fortunes ? solely through their work on their YouTube channels. For those on the outside, it seems so simple: create and upload YouTube videos ranting about life or ...
Google Launches New Reporting Features For AdSense15 May 2013 at 3:51pm Google has been full of announcements today as its developers conference, Google I/O, takes place. Not everything the company announced today came from I/O, however. For one, the company announced on its Inside AdSense blog that it has added dome ?
Google Launches New Reporting Features For AdSense - WebProNews15 May 2013 at 3:43pm
Google Launches New Reporting Features For AdSense
Google has been full of announcements today as its developers conference, Google I/O, takes place. Not everything the company announced today came from I/O, however. For one, the company announced on its Inside AdSense blog that it has added dome ...